This sunflower will brighten up any desk or office and would be a welcome addition to any windowsill! I have given these sunflowers away as gifts, prizes at work, and even as giveaways during charitable events. One thing is always consistent, they never cease to bring a smile to the faces of any who see them.
Without further ado I give you my Happy Sunflower!
Gauge is not that important with amigurumi. Big or small they will be cute no matter what! If your ami comes out larger or smaller, simply adjust the size of felt pieces cut out for the details on the Sunflower’s face.
One more little suggestion I have for you before you begin crocheting:
For most of the yarn, I prefer to use Red Heart Super Saver yarn. It is an acrylic based yarn which is thicker and sturdier than many of the other yarn brands out there. I would highly recommend not mixing brands of yarn for the various colors needed in this pattern.
- Crochet Hook: F
- Green Yarn (Red Heart Super Saver – Spring Green)
- Brown Yarn (Red Heart Super Saver – Nutmeg or Coffee)
- Yellow Yarn (Caron – Sunflower)
- Light Brown Yarn (Vanna’s Choice – Honey)
- Terracotta Pot (Approx. 3 ½” opening)
- Polyester Fiberfill Stuffing
- 12 Gauge Jewelry Wire – Black
- Wire Cutter
- Black Felt
- Black, White and Green Embroidery Thread
- Yarn Needle/Embroidery Needle
Photo Credit: J.H. Winter